Okay, so last night I cut my hand pretty bad on a glass that had broken in the sink while I was doing the dishes. We had some of the guys over for dinner, so we had to kick them out and drop Tommy off at a friends house so we could go to the ER. (Thanks Katie again... if you've ever taken a kid to the ER for 3 hours you know its not pretty.) This is me waiting for the very painful numming shots before I got my three stitches. I had some good nurses and we finally got home about midnight. Now this morning I cant even put my hair up, when I tried the cut started bleeding again. Changing diapers is painful too. But the good news is that I have a doctors note saying that I'm not allowed to do the dishes for at least a week. If any of you know anything about me you know that I cant stand to do dishes. So with that considered, the tetnis shot and the painful numbing shots and the pain this morning is almost worth it.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Is that all I have to do? Man 12 years of trying to get out of doing dishes and it was so simple. Now, let me see how many visits to the ER is this for you now? Hmmmm! Probably more than the stitches in your hand right? (smile)
Congratulations on not having to do dishes for a while. I am sorry it came at the ER's price tag though. I can't imagine taking a toddler to the ER waiting room, it's making my head spin just thinking about it.
I can empathize with the whole ER thing! Been there done that...a few times. The good thing that came out of it is getting out of dishes! Too bad you couldn't get out of the diaper duty as well.
Ouch! I hope you are feeling better. Good job looking at the bright side of things!!
Post a Comment