Monday, August 4, 2008

The next Van Gogh

Tommy must have a very strong artistic/creative gene in him. He is very particular when he colors and always uses lots of color. What was really surprizing was while we were at our friends house, Tommy did this with his frogs. Notice anything? I didnt help him at all and Ive never gone over the colors of the rainbow with him. He had put his frogs in a line in order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet). Some High school kids cant even do that. I was like "wow!" He turns 2 on Thursday and can already do this all on his own. What was really amazing is that while i was quietly watching him he had a red-orange frog and was about to put it at the end with the violets but then he stopped and put it next to the red. But then he stopped again, moved the red away from the orange, put the red-orange frog next to the orange, then put the red back, next to that one so that the order was red, red-orange, then orange. I know it might be just me because Im his mommy but I thought this was amazing and as an artist myself I was really proud of him for figuring this out all on his own.


Here are some cute pics. Me and Tommy making icing and Dave and Tommy after church.

7 comments:

Sundbergs said...

Cute pictures you look so good. No surprise that he has artistic talent coming from you it is expected.

Ricki said...

Wow, another David. And you are so artistic, too, Heather. Love you all. What happens if the next baby gets the recessive engineer gene??

The Wanbergs said...

That is absolutely amazing! It must be genetic. I love his apron, too. Definitely an artist:)

Dannenbergs said...

That is really cool. I am amazed that he was so focused and could distingish the colors like that at such a young age. Good job Tommy!!

Jennifer Groves said...

Like mother like son (like dad too). You are going to have such a talented creative little family. That is really amazing how he lined up the colors that way at his age. I'm impressed.

Katie T. said...

very impressive! an artist in the making:) We miss you guys!

AOlson said...

Wow! Tommy never ceases to impress me. He's got skills!